Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 2 - Saturday --- Stop Sign Hike!

Saturday was my last official day at Fitness Ridge. Woke up at 6:45am and headed over to my test out. Combined with my week 1 weightloss, I lost a total of 12 pounds. I also lost 19.5 inches (waist, hips, chest, thigh, calf and arm). But, the day wasn't over yet....still had to walk Stop Sign!!!
My time on monday was 1:13 and that was an improvement over my time the week before of 1:21. I thought I really pushed it monday and was not sure how I would do today. Just to give you an idea of the hike, it's a pretty straight path (a few curves and hills) about 4.3 miles with a 1,000 ft incline. The first 2.8 miles is relatively flat and the incline increases over the last 1.5 miles. It is such a good calorie burner!! I ended up finishing with a time of 1:15! Two minutes higher than monday but I worked hard all week and felt good with 1:15.
After the hike, I went to stretch class (my last class at Fitness Ridge).
Went to lunch and then headed to Coyote Gulch. This is about 3 miles from the resort and is a really cool place. There's a bookstore/cafe and several little stores that sell local art work. I picked a couple of things up and got myself a caramel macchiato with nonfat milk...it was such a nice treat :)
Went to dinner and graduation. We watched a DVD with video clips and photos from the week and again the resort did a fantastic job! After the DVD, the mic was passed around the room and then there was a little break before Karaoke! I got some pictures and said goodbye to some of my new friends. I will post some pics on monday.
Karaoke was awesome! There was a lot of talent in the room!!
Then I went back to my room to pack. Finished packing and could not fall asleep....I had to be up at 4am to catch my flight and I think I only got about 2 hours sleep!
I am so glad I had the opportunity to go to Fitness Ridge and looking forward to continuing my journey at home.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! 19.5 inches is incredible and 12 pounds, as well. I am SO impressed. You did FABULOUS!
    Can't wait to see you - missed you alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, that is awesome!~ Can't wait to see you tomorrow to hear more about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete