Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 2 - Stop Sign Hike!!

Monday - made it through the first day and I am so relieved!! Below is the schedule I followed.

6-7am - Intro to Circuit Training
7:15 - Breakfast (jelly, banana, strawberries and peanut butter on a toasted flat roll)
8am - Left for hike!
8:15am - Hike was called 'Stop Sign'. Everyone is required to do this hike on monday and saturday and we are timed both days. Did I mention it was raining? I was so happy I bought a rain jacket at REI the day before I left. They say it never rains here but it drizzled all day long! My time for the hike was 1:21 and my goal is to beat that time on saturday. We have the option to do this hike everyday but there are other off road hikes that I want to try out.
11am - Stretch Class (felt awesome after taking the hike)
12:15 - Lunch (Tortilla soup (delicious!!), Turkey sandwich and small salad)
1pm - Lecture (Budget) - This was very interesting. Basically explained how much exercise you need to do to burn calories. Kind of like balancing a checkbook.
2:30 - Kickboxing (it was awesome!)
3:30 - Water Aerobics (harder than I expected)
4:30 - Circuit Training (this was the hardest class of the day - maybe because it was the last one?) Basically, we had to spend 2 minutes on a cardio machine and then switch to a strength training machine for 2 minutes.
5:30 - Dinner (Chicken Polenta and Dessert Parfait - both delicious)

So, now I'm ready to call it a day. Hoping to be in bed by 8p :)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it through Day 1.

    You've done more in one day, than I do in one week. What a rigorous schedule. Kickboxing, that should come in handy; when you get back and need to kick some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tricia, sounds like you are having fun too!! T. Kneeland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, full schedule. Good for you. Hope the weather gets better. By the way, Alana used the quilt you made her last night, we needed something bigger to swaddle her and that worked perfect, she sends her thanks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound great - thanks for sharing what you are eating - I am going to try to follow along with your menus! Be Fit Eat Healthy It's Your Choice - what is your mantra there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed. I get tired just looking at all you have done. You are doing great! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete