Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 4 & Day 5

Wednesday
7am - breakfast (oatmeal with fruit slices)
7:45 - descriptions of morning hikes
8am - left for hike on west canyon. This was a pretty flat hike along gravel and is offered to everyone on Wednesdays. The views were amazing! Basically, we had to walk as far along the path As we could get for about an hour and then turnaround and walk back. I ended up walking about 7 miles.
11:15a - core workshop - learned alot of techniques to improve posture.
12p - lunch - pumpkin soup and mediterranean pizza ( had lots of good stuff on it - the recipe is in the chef's cookbook which I have already purchased)
1:15p - Lecture - breaking barriors
2:30p - mountain class - You choose a cardio machine at a low incline and then increase intensity every 3 minutes until you reach 13.
3:30p - pool
4:30p - step and pump - step aerobics and hand weghts
5:30p - dinner - salmon over orzo w/ fruit for desert
6:30p - lecture - intuitive eating
7:30p - left for target! Woo hoo!
Thursday
5:30a - laundry
7a - breakfast (whole wheat english muffin with egg beaters and bacon.
8a - left for hike (Fern Gulley). Out of all of the hikes that I've done so far this was the most intense. Had to climb up and down rocks and through sand. I also finished 2 liters of water!
11:15a - circuit training (weights and cardio)
12p - lunch
12:30p - Access Hollywood was here filming! Seth from season 2 and Erik from season 3 are here this week so Access Hollywood came and interviewed them. They also did Some filming in the gym. You'll have to check out Access Hollywood next Tuesday - I believe it will air then!
1:15p - cooking demo from the chef
1:45 - 2:30p - Access Hollywood did more filming - be sure to tune in next week!
2:30p - lifted weights
3:30p - ball class - kicked my butt!!! Never realized how many exercises could be done with the ball!
4:30p - treading class - cardio workout. Start with 5 min warmup - then 5 min as fast as possible - then 5 min to recover. Repeat at 4 min, 3 min, 2 min the 1 min. I was drenched after this class!
5:30p - dinner :)
The lecture tonight was for departing guests only so I had a some free time.
Good time to call home and check in with you all!
Thanks again for the posts!

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing - I cannot believe all that I am reading that you are doing. Like everyone else, I am exhausted just thinking about your daily schedule :-) You are halfway through-enjoy the entire thing!! I miss you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your schedule is unbelievable. You're an inspiration to us all. It looks like you're having a lot of fun.

    The scenery is amazing. With such a restrictive diet (but yummy diet), where do you find the energy to do all this stuff.

    Your like the energizer bunny.

    I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tricia - Congratulations...You are doing terrific and it sounds like you are having a great time. You are such a wonderful inspiration to me too! You are so going to kick my butt walking up and down Beacon Hill....Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I better start today.....Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl, I'm finally checking in! Sounds like you're kicking some serious butt out there! Looks like you are enjoying yourself:) Keep up the hard work! Views are fantastic! Can't wait to see ya on Tuesday.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the posts!
    Yeah, Simona it's a restrictive diet and they use alot of high volume low caloric foods. So far I have enjoyed everything except for the eggs. I ate them but put on extra salsa! Can't wait to start walking Beacon Hill Tricia!
    Not sure how long the segment will be on tuesday but looking forward to watching it too!
    Talk to you all soon! It's great to read your posts :)

    ReplyDelete